Couple Small Questions

Ed Heil uncorrected at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 19 10:09:08 UTC 2001

Hi folks.  I've got the White Book now and am having a lot
of fun working through it.

I haven't yet checked out Alan's new tutorial because it's hosted at a
weird port number, and the web proxy at work, where I've been playing
with Squeak*, is pretty lame and can't handle ftps or weird port
numbers.  (I also haven't yet figured out how to do code updates
through it -- it is passworded, and while I found a page on the wiki
about that it didn't seem to work...  One method didn't work and
another required an ftp download of code to work: doh!)

[*shhh... don't tell my boss]

Anyway, one question is about AlignmentMorphs.  I understand these are
obsolete, and have been replaced by the "layout" options in a vanilla
morph?

The other is about button placement.  At work (Windows) my mouse
layout is red-blue-yellow, which I know is not canonically right but
seems very right to me -- I'm used to rightclicking for context menus,
and that's what yellow does.  I also use the blue button the least of
all, and since my middle button is one of those mouse-wheel
monstrosities, it's the least wieldy to use, and so it's nice to have
it assigned to blue.

At home (Linux) my mouse layout is the canonical red-yellow-blue.  Is
it possible to change that to red-blue-yellow?  How would I do that?

Thanks much,

Ed

"A. We're not evil.  B. We're not an empire."
 --Steve Ballmer of Microsoft, lying through his teeth
Ed Heil ....................... uncorrected at yahoo.com