to kill a mocking Morph......

John Hinsley jhinsley at telinco.co.uk
Fri Oct 19 17:51:33 UTC 2001

Joshua 'Schwa' Gargus wrote:

> I'm not sure if you mean collapse or delete, because you say 'collapse',
> but also say 'by using the X halo' (which deletes).

I did mean delete...

> No matter.  If you already have a reference to the morph in the
> workspace, just execute 'aMorph collapse' to collapse it, or 'aMorph
> delete' to delete it.
>
> (I just love that even though I've never sent #collapse before, I was
> able to guess how to do it without opening a browser.  Yay, Squeak!)
>
> BTW, if you don't have a reference to a morph in the workspace, but want
> one, then you can:
>
> -click on the Workspace's menu button (in the frame, not in its halo)
> -select the option 'create textual references to dropped morphs'
> -drop a morph onto the workspace.  A reasonable name will be pasted at
> the current insertion point.

Thanks. All this works fine, but I need something rather more, well,
non-interactive. The scenario will be/is something like this:

User clicks on dial home button in Rolodex. A series of blocks are
executed which check to see if the country in the Country field matches
the one the user has hard coded. If not, Karl's Morph pops up together
with a dialogue box: "Time zones do not match, do you still want to dial
this number?" and if the user clicks yes, the WorldTimeMorph is deleted
and the number dialled, if no, then the WorldTimeMorph is deleted.

Of course, the issue here is that the textual reference can't be hard
coded as it changes everytime the morph is called.

I've a vague recollection of Ned talking about using properties in a
similar situation......

I'll go see if I can find that email.

Thanks again

John

--
If you don't care about your data, like file systems which automagically
destroy themselves and have money to burn on 3rd party tools to keep