StandardFileMenu for finding directories?

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Fri Oct 19 18:12:13 UTC 2001

Karl Ramberg <karl.ramberg at chello.se> is widely believed to have written:

> Tim Rowledge wrote:
> >
> > I'd like to make it possible to have the VMMakerTool give you the option
> > to browse for the proper directories for the platform sources and so on.
> > It looks like StandardFileMenu can almost do it, but not quite. Ideas on
> > what to do to about it would be welcomed.
>
> I'm not quite sure what you want...
> I've used
>
> result _ StandardFileMenu oldFile.
> result ifNil: [^ self].
> fullName _ result directory pathName, FileDirectory slash, result name.
> self openFileNamed: fullName.
>
> And that worked to set a filepath and open a file.
Exactly - it finds a _file_ not a directory. It works well for files but
I need to find just a directory name. Can't help feeling that it ought
to be a reasonably easy extension to StandardFileMenu's repetoire if one
knows where the bodies are buried. Can the original author offer some
suggestion(s)?

tim

Useful random insult:- She doesn't suffer from insanity; she enjoys
every minute of it.