Debian woes.

Ed Heil uncorrected at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 24 10:57:39 UTC 2001

Agreed on the fact that it's a pity that we can't get Squeak in
Debian, and also on the fact that considering companies like Apple are
involved it's pretty cool that it's open source at all, even if it's
not full "free software" by everyone's definition.

But has anyone considered setting up a site that would serve up the
latest and/or the stable Squeak stuff in the form of debian packages,
as an "unofficial" source?  There are dozens of unofficial Debian
apt-get sources out there, stuff that for one reason or another isn't
or shouldn't be official, whether there are license problems, or it's
too bleeding-edge, or whatever.  KDE had well-maintained unofficial
APT sources before QTlibs went GPL.  It'd be a very good second-best
option to inclusion in official Debian.

"A. We're not evil.  B. We're not an empire."
 --Steve Ballmer of Microsoft, lying through his teeth
Ed Heil ....................... uncorrected at yahoo.com