[ENH][SF] VMMaker platforms tree now imported to SourceForge.net

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Fri Oct 26 00:49:14 UTC 2001

Ned Konz <ned at bike-nomad.com> wrote:
> On Wednesday 24 October 2001 05:18 pm, Tim Rowledge wrote:
> > I've just imported the platforms tree as suited to VMMaker (see
> > http://sumeru.stanford.edu/tim/pooters/SqFiles/deltas and look for the
> > latest VMMaker* file(s) ) to SourceForge (see
> > http://sourceforge.net/projects/squeak) in the hope it might actually
> > work as a way to let people try it out.
>
> Not just the configure, but the other executable programs in utils (in the
> unix directory) are not marked as executable.

If we don't mind tweaking the makefile, then none of this is a big deal
-- either the makefile can do the chmod's, or the makefile can invoke
the scripts as "sh ./util/foo".  Now that I think about it, configure
shouldn't actually be in the CVS tree -- if you are using CVS, then you
can also grab autoconf.  .tar.gz distributions are a different matter.

Anyway, I missed the beginning of this conversation, but did anyone talk
to Ian about all this?!  Sure Squeak/Unix is free, but good will from
its maintainer is a nice thing to have.

-Lex