[ENH][SF] VMMaker platforms tree now imported to SourceForge.net

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Fri Oct 26 01:09:26 UTC 2001

"Lex Spoon" <lex at cc.gatech.edu> is widely believed to have written:

> If we don't mind tweaking the makefile, then none of this is a big deal
> -- either the makefile can do the chmod's, or the makefile can invoke
> the scripts as "sh ./util/foo".  Now that I think about it, configure
> shouldn't actually be in the CVS tree -- if you are using CVS, then you
> can also grab autoconf.  .tar.gz distributions are a different matter.
Ah, but the makefile is _made_ by autoconf.... chicken and egg
situation?

> Anyway, I missed the beginning of this conversation, but did anyone talk
> to Ian about all this?!  Sure Squeak/Unix is free, but good will from
> its maintainer is a nice thing to have.
Well VMMaker has been a pretty public project and I've asked Ian things
about the make stuff on occasion, so I assume he's aware. Since he
actually has a _paying job_ (I want one!) I guess he's busy enough not
to be interested in worrying.

tim
The computer is mightier than the pen, the sword, and usually, the programmer.