[ENH][SF] VMMaker platforms tree now imported to SourceForge.net

Martin McClure martin at hand2mouse.com
Fri Oct 26 02:28:04 UTC 2001

At 3:18 PM -0700 10/25/01, Tim Rowledge wrote:
>OK, that's about the expected sequence of things except that once
>FileCopyPlugin is built and available you shouldn't have to do the chmod
>stuff. Oh, except I see you mentioned that permissions appear to be
>broken on the SF tree - I'm afraid I have no idea how to fix that other
>than by checking them out and checking them back after doing chmod. Is
>there any better way?

Don't have a CVS system handy to test this assertion, so I'm going
only on memory here, but changing permissions in your working
directory and then committing should work OK. You might have to use
the -f option on your commit to force the change to actually take
place if CVS isn't smart enough to notice that the files had changed
(you normally can't commit a new version unless you've changed the
file. The -f option says 'make a new version anyway.')

Hmm. If I get time this evening I'll move over to OS X, check out the
tree and see if I see anything weird. I became way too much of a CVS
expert working on GemStone/J; that knowledge might actually be useful
here.

-Martin