If and When I start deploying

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Thu Oct 25 23:44:26 UTC 2001

On Thursday 25 October 2001 03:43 pm, compufriend wrote:
> If and When I start deploying, is there a way that I will be able to create
> a distribution package in the form of a selfextracting exe for M$ apps? If
> not, quick info please on the lowdown of setting up my app for distribution
> to +-1000 users (I've got big plans - I think). Thank you
> MaRaudEr

The best bet for a self-extracting package is to use a standard installer
program. You only have to distribute an image plus the VM plus whatever
plugin DLLs that you've made external to the VM.

You can re-name the Squeak.exe to MyApp.exe and make a MyApp.image for it to
run, or just make links to run the image with the VM.

--
Ned Konz
currently: Stanwood, WA
email:     ned at bike-nomad.com