Game Programming in Squeak

Kevin Fisher kgf at golden.net
Mon Oct 29 20:17:13 UTC 2001

In my mind, Squeak would be great for making Wizardry-style
games, or even tile-based Ultima-alikes.

A long while back I toyed with the idea of creating a Bard's Tale-esque
type of game...I even had a prototype written in TCL/Tk.  I've considered
trying to re-create that prototype in Squeak for kicks...I think Balloon
would make my life a lot easier than TCL/Tk did. :)  A simple 'step-based'
3D world with simple animations would perform quite well, even without
acceleration.  (Step-based in the Bard's Tale sense, not the Morphic sense :)

Heck I've had a nice Ultima-construction-set type of game drawn up on
paper for years...the latest revision would work great on Squeak.  If
I ever clear my stack of projects I may get around to coding it. :)