[Modules] DynaBook versus DynaProject

Alan Kay Alan.Kay at squeakland.org
Tue Oct 30 03:03:02 UTC 2001

Imagine how much difficulty professional programmers had with objects
before they were invented!

I don't think it's a very good idea to extrapolate about the future
of computing or what people will be able to understand by looking at
what today's professionals are struggling with. If you look at the
last 30 years, quite a bit of the stuff that was invented for
children (and that children could indeed learn) has gradually (and
somewhat grudgingly) been adopted by the experts. (I.e. great fluency
in something can be a terrible barrier to finding and doing in easier
ways.)

Cheers,

Alan

-------