[Modules] DynaBook versus DynaProject

Mark van Gulik ghoul6 at home.com
Tue Oct 30 04:38:22 UTC 2001

On Monday, October 29, 2001, at 07:31 pm, Roger Vossler wrote:
[...]
> So, why on earth would I want to modularize a book? How does
> one modularize "Gone With The Wind", the Bible, "Lord Of The Rings"
> or the Iliad? Why would somebody want to do so? How would one do
> it even if they could?

I love to nitpick, so I'd like to point out that you picked two
(that I know of) bad examples out of four.  The Bible is a
collection of unrelated letters, books, songs, etc. (if it were
"assembled" today it would probably include tunes from TV
jingles, soup can labels, and random phone book pages).  Don't
let the hilariously ironic name fool you.  <Yikes -- I just had
to teach OSX10.1's spell checker "ironic" <Double-yikes -- I had
to teach it "Yikes"!>>.

Lord of the Rings is also a series of books, if I recall
correctly (I don't know whether J.R.R.T. intended this, or if it
was a publishing "artifact").