space is low......

Torge Husfeldt jean-jacques.gelee at gmx.de
Tue Oct 30 10:00:09 UTC 2001

Hi  All,
Two thoughts how you might to be able to tell the plugin to use more memory:

1. In the vm source code I read that the Environment varible called
SQUEAK_MEMORY should be read in on startup (sqXWindow.c::parseEnvironment).

2. can't you just write a shell-script or alias that adds this parameter to
the others?

Alternative ideas:
The plugin executable has to give parameters to the vm anyway, why can't it
add some memory by that way, or can it? -- Maybe read from the environment or
the html-tag too?

Hope this helps,
Torge

P.S.: What is the problem with using the standard vm and image with the
plugin? I recall that the instructions for installing the plugin told me to do
exactly that.