scriptingCategory Re: [updates] 20 more for 3.2alpha

Scott Wallace scott.wallace at squeakland.org
Tue Oct 30 22:13:37 UTC 2001

Karl,

Yes, it would certainly help if we made it easier to get only
correctly-spelled selector names as values in these
script-name-parameter tiles.

My intention here has been that we would add a "selector" data-type
to the etoy system (right now, the parameters used to supply script
names are of plain String type,) thus allowing us to have
selector-friendly readouts, with selector-friendly UIs, for these
script-name arguments.

We *could* use dNd to change such values, and/or we could have a UI
on such tiles offering a pop-up of known user-script-selectors from
which the user can choose -- in the same manner as on Sound-readout
tiles or the do-menu-item tile.  However, for the general case
(thinking beyond etoys and morphs) we still will want to retain a way
that the user can actually type in the selector that's on the tip of
his tongue.

  -- Scott