where are the latest plugin sources?

Michael Rueger m.rueger at acm.org
Wed Oct 31 06:04:07 UTC 2001

John Hinsley wrote:
> > > won't allow a red button menu to be produced.
> > It's disabled.
> ¡¡¡*&^poPol&&££$!!! I guess there must be a reason, but this looks (and
> feels!) like a huge step backwards.

Well, we did it because a lot of first time Squeakland users don't know
what to do with the world menu and it keeps getting into their way.

> reading an instance of SwikiControls: which modern class should it
> translate to?
>
> (which makes some kind of sense since it came from a Swiki, but I'm
> damned if I know the answer) or even
>
> reading an instance of StateButtonMorph:
>
> (likewise....) and this doesn't IIRC only apply to the stuff on Jochen's
> Swiki.

RTFM ;-)
You have to fileIn some extra sources into the standard plugin image in
order to use Je77's Swiki.

The Squeakland image does not (yet) support Je77's stuff by default.

> Looks to me like this stuff isn't useable by kids off line which
> probably means non-rich kids at home or kids in the undeveloped world at
> any time. Doesn't this devalue the plug-in as easy interface model, or
> am I missing something?

See above.

There is a new update on Squeakland that should fix (hopefully) the
problems people had with saving to local disk.

Michael

--
 "Knowledge is the only resource on earth that multiplies when shared."