libcurl?!

goran.hultgren at bluefish.se goran.hultgren at bluefish.se
Wed Oct 31 10:35:18 UTC 2001

Hi guys!

When looking for ammo :-) in "the GPL/LGPL duel" on the net I stumbled
upon cURL and libcurl:

http://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/

Could this be a good plugin candidate? It sounds super to me, has a good
license (MIT, which I guess is ok with SqueakL, oooh, here we go
again... ;-) and seems to be very easy to interface to, take a look at
the C-api.

Anyway, fishing a bit before I try myself. There are so many other good
slang-wielders out there but of course, now that VMMaker (thanks, Tim)
is here I have no good excuse to stay out of the plugin business, right?
:-)

regards, Göran

PS. Plugins for solid good libraries is IMHO a very simple way of making
Squeak better. We don't HAVE to make everything ourselves, right? :-)
Even if it is fun... DS