Lots of concurrency

G.J.Tielemans at dinkel.utwente.nl G.J.Tielemans at dinkel.utwente.nl
Wed Oct 31 15:38:20 UTC 2001

I remember from the Logo-camps in the Netherlands a child,
that was proudly writing the longest program of all...
Then a Belgium professor came in and said:
"what you are doing can be done in one line, let me show you."
That day the boy did leave the camp..
So I recognize your experience.

Mine is longer ago:
we had to create punch-cards to feed the computer.
(There were already terminals, but it was good for your education.)
The philosophical part of a punchcard was nice:
"the moer information you store in the holes, the lighter it becomes."
But after destroying the same card for the fourth time we went to the pub.
(and sneaked in the terminalroom the next day)

So what me wonders most:
How could you then - with your childhood experience -
survive the initiation in Smalltalk/Squeak ?