Confusing tutorials

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Wed Oct 31 15:49:42 UTC 2001

On Wednesday 31 October 2001 06:02 am, compufriend wrote:

> Drag as I like, no green rectangle appears nowhere.
> I've hovered the mouse and tile over every inch of the Script1 window and
> even tried dropping it inside the Script1 window.

If you have a script, and drag an expression over it (like "Text's
numericValue <- 4") it will accept the expression, and will show you a little
green rectangle where it will do so.

If what you're dragging is a tile for an object (like "Text") it won't get
accepted the same way; it'll only allow you to replace other object
references (like "Text's").

But you should be able to (from a viewer):

* drag "numericValue" from the Viewer
* drop on desktop. This will make a script.
* drag the arrow to the right of "numericValue" in the Viewer,
* drop on the script you just made

to see the effect.

--
Ned Konz