[celeste] moving from Communicator to Celeste....

Mike Rutenberg mdrs at akasta.com
Wed Oct 31 19:00:01 UTC 2001

Bijan Parsia <bparsia at email.unc.edu> wrote:
> Don't do it.
>
> Really, don't do it.
>
> I've not yet investigated Lex's latest stuff, but having a 96meg messages
> file with >19000 messages is...interesting.
>
> Not scary. Not really. Nope nope. Not really. Well, maybe a little :)
>
> I'm becoming convinced that the current IndexFile design needs, at some
> point, to go. Or be updated. A fulltext indexing solution, at least for
> local stuff, seems to be the best solution, afaict.
>
> Cheers,
> Bijan Parsia.

Lex's changes make the thing very reasonable, even with 36,000 messages
from the Squeak list over the last three years.  Actually, I would even
call it FAST.  It would be prudent to wait a few weeks until the changes
can be added and smoothed before moving you life's email into the new
Celeste for the first time.

Mike