Game Programming in Squeak

Bruce ONeel beoneel at bluewin.ch
Wed Oct 31 09:10:57 UTC 2001

Along these lines there was a fairly funny post on comp.lang.c a
few years ago between someone who KNEW that it was impossible
to write DOOM in ANSI Standard C because ANSI C was way way way
to slow.  He got a response from some one named dmr at research.att.com
who was complaining that it had absorbed all of the leisure
time in his lab and yes it built with their ansi c compilers.

This went back and forth for a while until someone pointed out
that dmr might know something about C, being the author of one
of the main books about C.