SqueakFoundation public FTP server

Doug Way dway at riskmetrics.com
Sun Sep 2 04:38:24 UTC 2001

On Saturday, September 1, 2001, at 04:41 PM, Cees de Groot wrote:

> ... I'll take
> it up as soon as I've completed mirroring of minnow (another good
> suggestion I
> received - I hope it'll work because Swiki doesn't seem to provide
> update time
> stamps (wget complains 'Last-modified header missing'), this might be
> problematic in determining whether Swiki pages need to be refreshed in
> the
> mirror copy.

That's great that you are tackling this.

If you can't get the update time stamps from the Swiki (which I guess
means you'd have to refresh all of the pages in the mirror each time),
perhaps you could not copy the history pages, which would greatly reduce
the mirroring time, I would think.  Or, you could do a weekly mirror
instead of daily.

I'm just saying that it doesn't need to be perfect... any mirror is
better than none.

(Of course the minnow Swiki would always be regarded as the master
Swiki, since it's the only editable one.)

- Doug Way
   dway at riskmetrics.com