Saving The World.

John Hinsley jhinsley at telinco.co.uk
Mon Sep 3 05:16:42 UTC 2001

Alan Grimes wrote:

> Yeah, I went and downloaded all 8M of the win 95 version hoping that I
> could compile it with B TC++ 4.5 under Win 3.11... No deal. =\

Well, I'm not surprised! Sounds like "I'll rebuild the engine of that
ME109 using the toolkit for the Camaro, and I'll use the hydraulic fluid
out of that scrap 707 as oil. That should do it!"

I wouldn't say that building a 3.11 port of Squeak was impossible, but
it's probably the wrong place to start. Just pop the Linux, Mac or
Windows version onto the right operating system. (Or you could have
another go with the BeOS version and let people know where the build is
falling over.) Then we'll have something to talk about.

Cheers

John
--
Can't cope anymore? Desperate for help?
Join the 12 step program for those who yearn to give up Microsoft: