[ENH]Html table (third version)

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Mon Sep 3 21:00:51 UTC 2001

> My problem ocurred when TD not could contain TABLES, therefor I changed
> the mayContain to return true and got into all kind of truble.
> I fixed this in the third version I posted and it works the way it
> should
> now.

Ah, good example.  It seems that HtmlTable's are currently neither
"block entities" nor "textual entities", and thus are trying to be
at the top-level of the document.  Adding isBlockEntity to return true
would make sense, and it would seem to fix this particular problem
as well as others.

> 	nuFormatter _ HtmlFormatter preferredFormatterClass new. "set up a new  formatter"
> 	nuFormatter browser: formatter browser.
> 	nuFormatter baseUrl: formatter baseUrl.
> 	1 to: (contents size) do:[:i| nuDocument _ contents at: i.
> 			nuDocument addToFormatter: nuFormatter. ]. " feed the formatter with
> whatever is present"

Ahh, you create a new formatter for each cell.  That should work okay,
though it doesn't inherit any settings from the current formatter
except for ones you copy explicitly.

But, it certainly sounds good enough as is to be very useful!  Yay Karl!

Lex