Saving The World.

Edmund Ronald eronald at rome.polytechnique.fr
Tue Sep 4 01:21:36 UTC 2001

On Mon, 3 Sep 2001, Andrew C. Greenberg wrote:

While not a commercial alternative to the garbage referred to by the
elipsis, Linux has definitely got a following in the enterprise market,
and embedded market these days. And almost all university CS departments
use it.  Do you remember the days when computers were mainly found at
universities ? Well, Linux has saturated that market, which actually
correponds to the initial Un#x design goal.

And, frankly, people who use ... are like people who use C++. They get
what they ask for.

Edmund