[ENH] Mouse Click Focus Policy option.

Stephan B. Wessels swessels at sdrc.com
Tue Sep 4 13:42:32 UTC 2001

The solution that Macintosh applications, other than Squeak, use is to
have the cursor disappear the instant you begin to type.  It reappears
when you move or click.  I really that model.

It's probably not that difficult to implement.  The real trick here
would be to have Preferences to control all of these options.  I've
tried the Linux model where the window follows the pointer but does not
"raise" to have focus.  That's kind of neat too.  But then I have
equally watched folks who are less geek-like than myself and conclude
that bringing the window to the top and then hide the pointer when you
type is the easiest to use.

  - Steve