[updates] 11 more for 3.1 alpha

Doug Way dway at riskmetrics.com
Wed Sep 5 00:15:58 UTC 2001

Dan Ingalls wrote:

> 4313BetterDebugger3-hmm -- Hans-Martin Mosner <hmm at heeg.de> -- 29 July 2001
> Some more additions to the debugger:
> 1. Support for stepping into blocks (thanks to Henrik Gedenryd)
> 2. A NonBooleanReceiver exception
> 3. Balloon help for the debugger buttons
> 4. A problem with handling exceptions in the debugger was fixed (when you stepped into the exception handling code, and then did a step which executed the #signal method, it would open a separate notifier)
> Handling of #mustBeBoolean in code being debugged is still a bit rough...

Hmm, it looks like doing a "debug it" reveals a problem in this update... the method #willStore is sent by ContextPart>>stepToSendOrReturn, but #willStore isn't implemented anywhere.

I know that Hans-Martin's BetterDebugger stuff involved a bunch of separate changesets (I think 4?).  Perhaps one of them was left out in this update?  (I admit that I didn't test this particular compiled update thoroughly.)

- Doug Way
  dway at riskmetrics.com