Killer Squeak App?

John.Maloney at disney.com John.Maloney at disney.com
Wed Sep 5 23:59:13 UTC 2001

I suspect that implicit self probably makes Self code more
difficult for beginners to read for exactly the reason you state:
it doesn't follow the "receiver message" pattern. However, I
must add that:

  1. I haven't taught Self to anyone who didn't already know Smalltalk,
      so I have no evidence one way or the other, and
  2. The expert Self programmer quckly becomes used to  implicit self.

I'll also add that I find Smalltalk code a little more pleasant to read. I
like look of assignment arrows. That, of course, is purely a matter
of personal opinion and aesthetics.

	-- John