JPEG Compression?

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Fri Sep 7 00:22:58 UTC 2001

>I was looking for a truely cross-platform solution,
>ideally implemented in Squeak itself with primitives that can be generated
>via the ST-to-C translation, like the current JPEG reader. Such a
>solution would
>work on *all* Squeak platforms.
>
>Thanks for the offer, though.
>
>	-- John

John, I should point out the TIFF plugin I did for Squeak contains
the JPEG library which does what I think you want to do. Mind it's
generic C... Also I've not exposed the  various JPEG calls as
primitives, but last fall had thought about it and didn't think it
would require too much effort (a few days  or less>

http://www.smalltalkconsulting.com/html/TIFFsource.html