Next generation of PDAs?

Mark van Gulik ghoul6 at home.com
Fri Sep 7 07:30:24 UTC 2001

Sounds like a good niche (*and* a good idea).  Very Star Trek.  I think
the current reason pocket devices don't have 256MB of RAM is power (not
the M$ kind).  I believe it was on this list about a week ago someone
posted a link to an interesting processor design by Charles Moore -- a
*very* heavily stack-oriented machine, somewhat like the Transputer (but
more so).  At one point they mentioned that power consumption would be
dominated by the RAM that was attached.  I was surprised, as I always
thought of, say, the easy-bake ovens Intel sells as Pentia as the
power-mad components.

-Mark