Is there a SWIG module for Squeak?

Douglas Brebner douglas+list at fang.demon.co.uk
Fri Sep 7 17:17:04 UTC 2001

On Friday 07 September 2001 04:15, you wrote:
> Douglas,
>
> > FFI isn't cross platform either which makes for more work
> > wrapping it.
>
> What exactly do you mean this?! The FFI is perfectly cross-platform as long
> as some naming conventions are kept. And that's true for pluggable
> primitives as well. E.g., if you name some plugin "foo" on one platform and
> "bar" on another one you shouldn't expect things to work that smoothly ;-)

I was referring to the way that the unix FFI calls use <cdecl:module:> while
the mac and windows calls use <apicall:module:>. I thought this meant that
cross platform modules would need to know what platform they're running on to
select the right call type. Sorry if I misinterpreted it, I'm not very
familiar with how the FFI works.

--
Douglas