Next generation of PDAs?

Gary Fisher gafisher at sprynet.com
Fri Sep 7 21:14:51 UTC 2001

"Ned Konz" said:
> I've been looking around for a single-board computer or PDA with:
>
>*
>*

Sounds like you're in the market for a Kay Dynabook.  <G>

You mention running Squeak under Linux, which is certainly a fine choice,
but I wonder if a "specialized general purpose machine" of the PDA class
could reasonably be built to run Squeak native?  The Mitsubishi M32R/D
processor has been touted from time to time as being able to do so, and
though I don't know if that's a suitable processor for such a thing, I do
wonder if a "Squeak Chip" is on the horizon anywhere.

Speaking of the M32R/D, every link I've found leads to nebulous marketing
info or a dead end.  Does anyone here know just what the Squeak - M32R/D
association produced?

Thanks

Gary Fisher
Spectrum Electronics, Inc.