Removing left arrows in fonts (Was Re: Left arrows in NewYork12-14, a Question of some urgency.)

David N. Smith (IBM) dnsmith at watson.ibm.com
Sat Sep 8 20:46:27 UTC 2001

Ned:

A post of yours just about the same time as my original post gave me the clue. The result is:

f1 := TextStyle default fontAt: 1.
form1 := f1 characterFormAt: $_.
form1 bitEdit
"Change to underline; accept with menu"

f2 := TextStyle default fontAt: 2.
form2 := f2 characterFormAt: $_.
form2 bitEdit
"Change to underline; accept with menu"

f1 := TextStyle default fontAt: 1.
f1 characterFormAt:$_ put: form1.
f2 := TextStyle default fontAt: 2.
f2 characterFormAt:$_ put: form2.

These are run in a workspace as three separate DoIts.  They change 10 &12 (sometimes called 12&15). Run the first and use the bit editor to change the bits in the character. Then use the red halo menu Accept item to save the bits back to the form. Same for the second.

Then run the third Doit to put them into the font. Restore the screen to update any visible underscores.

Thanks for the pointers.

Dave

--
David N. Smith