Active Essays on Computer Music

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Sun Sep 9 01:10:35 UTC 2001

"Andreas Raab" <Andreas.Raab at gmx.de> wrote:
> > P.S. I think the error message is coming from the VM or from
> > Win NT, not from Squeak code. At least, I wasn't able to find that
> > string in the image.
>
> It's an NT thing. I've been looking into this issue for quite some time now
> but I'm unable to find out exactly what is going on. It's completely unclear
> to me what might be causing the problem. I've stared at the code for hours
> and there's no explanation for it. Unfortunately, I don't have an NT system
> so it's very hard for me to debug this issue.

Well I'm glad Andreas can duplicate it, at least!  By the way, I think
you can work around the problem by turning off the "soundStopWhenDone"
preference, saving, and restarting.  It seems that the sound-closing
code in the VM doesn't *really* close it on some versions of Windows,
for some reason.

-Lex