[BUG] Problems with AlignmentMorph usage

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Mon Sep 10 22:15:42 UTC 2001

1) Does anybody else find it really strange that when using an
AlignmentMorph that declares itself to be #topToBottom, that adding a
list of morphs will result in a column.... from bottom to top! Same
problem with #leftToRight. Having to use #addMorphBack: seems really
silly here.

2) I made three alignment morphs, each containing a text morph and list
morph in a column. When these three were added as a row _directly_ to a
SystemWindow, they all appear ok. Scrollbars popup and go away ok, the
colours are fine. If, however, I put the columnar morphs in a row
AlignmentMorph, I get a green colour and the scroll bars of all but the
leftmost list are obscured. Same basic problem with the columns in a
column (if you see what I mean) except the scrollbars are ok since they
are all on the left.

3) as a test I tried to use #openInWindowLabeled: but that produced a
window with _no_ visible lists at all. Exploring the morph shewed that
they were buried deep in the 'paneMorphs' instvar.

tim
Lisp Users: Due to the holiday, there will be no garbage collection on Monday.