[OT] This horrible day

John Voiklis jv37 at columbia.edu
Wed Sep 12 14:48:19 UTC 2001

Hello Andreas and fellow Squeakers,

As a New Yorker, I thank you you for your kind words. Given the ethnic make up
of this city, and especially the make up of the WTC neighborhood, I am sure that
people the world over may have lost someone yesterday.  Given the overburdened
phone system, there are still friends for whom I haven't accounted.

Despite the dread that many of us feel today, I agree that our work becomes all
the more important. While I am new to Squeak, I am quickly becoming a veteran of
efforts for learning reform, especially efforts that promote a technology-based
learning environment. I see Squeak as the best platform for enabling and
encouraging cooperative and collaborative learning, especially when it comes to
cultural and, consequently, political understanding. Let's keep that foremost in
our minds as we forge ahead.

Thanks again,

John Voiklis
http://www.redfigure.com