[ANN] RB Squeak port - new version and new home

danielv at netvision.net.il danielv at netvision.net.il
Sat Sep 15 20:05:04 UTC 2001

Hi guys.
Before we get to the goodies - I don't like ftp that much, and wanted to
start playing around with a repository to see what that's like.

So I've put up this version of the RB on HMM's SCAN server. You can get
stuff from it by installing the client (the installer actually looks
pretty good in MVC), or by just browsing over. The release, as usual,
has been tested on an up to date image.

This release has:
* Better structure - the prerequisite changes to the base image are
separated from the RB itself
* Less superflous and invasive code - VWStandin subclasses have all been
replaced, the Exceptions are no longer recompiled..
* Various fixes both by me and the Squeak list members. Some highlights
-
- ChooserMorph is now usable, and is used everywhere that sort of choice
needs to be done.
- Browse instance variables no longer opens an empty browser when the
user declines to choose a variable (Raymond's bug and suggested fix)
- CompositeRefactoryChange>>printOn: bug fixed
- Frank Gernhardt cleaned up createSubclass (and helped throw out
another VW class :-)
- The Browsers looks now conforms to it's superclasses, in response to
Steve Wessels report. His fix and refactoring were nicer than my quick
hack, but it was dependent on his variable pane. Too bad, though he said
he might untangle them (hint, hint, nudge :-), and it might get into the
base image someday.

The files are at-
http://squeak.heeg.de:8080/TFODC69UQ0MFRIHMG40DRML1CU7VYZ9
(meaning Squeak/Packages/Refactoring Browser/Squeak RB)

Hmm, that's quite a few files to load.
How do I make an ImageSegment with them loaded?

Daniel