Alan's foreword to "Squeak: Open Personal Computing and Multimedia

Alan Kay Alan.Kay at squeakland.org
Sat Sep 15 21:35:31 UTC 2001

Folks --

Apologies all around. I fully expected to get the promised chapter
done and on Squeakland before the book actually came out. At that
time I didn't know we were going to decide to leave Disney. I have
spent the entire summer on "other things" relating to the new
nonprofit company we have just set up. I am still doing this. In the
next several weeks I will at least have time enough to get around to
making a place holder for the promised chapter on Squeakland that
will explain all this. Then I will perhaps in Oct be able to finish
up the actual chapter.

Best to all,

Alan