[ANN][RB]One last alpha version of the RB...

Bob Hartwig bob at bobjectsinc.com
Mon Sep 17 08:44:50 UTC 2001

Hello Squeakers and Campers,

I have just updated the temporary Squeak RB Alpha version site, located at:
http://www.bobjectsinc.com/squeakrbalpha/ .  This version does NOT have
Daniel et. al.'s Browser integration work included, but it does have a
RBModel changeset that greenlights under Squeak 3.1 alpha.  Here is more
information, copied from the site:

=====================
UPDATE - 9/17/2001

I have just updated the download directory, probably for the last time.
Several Squeakers have taken the opportunity of CS3 to further
the browser integration work, and they have volunteered to take over future
integration work.  You can find the fruits of their labors <a
href="http://squeak.heeg.de:8080/TFODC69UQ0MFRIHMG40DRML1CU7VYZ9">Here</a>.
 This is a good thing, since my schedule is still really full. I will
continue to contribute to the project as I can, especially at various Camp
Smalltalks, including the one at OOPSLA 2001.

The new version in the download directory of this site has some major new
improvements to the model.  The SUnit suite now greenlights
under Squeak 3.1 alpha.  I tested with builds 3892 and 4332.  Note that
this version does NOT have the latest integration work done by
the CS3 folks.  Once they get this stuff integrated with their version, I
will probably remove this site, or at least the download
directory.  SCAN is great, but I still think the idea of a SourceForge
project is a good one (originally proposed by Ralph Johnson) from
a Smalltalk public relations perspective, and would encourage Daniel and
the others to pursue nailing down a license and creating the
SourceForge project.

A big thank you to everybody who made contributions to the Squeak RB while
I was the keeper of the code base.  A few names that immediately come to
mind are Mark Schwenk, Michael Hewner, Doug Way, and John Sarkella.  Thanks
also to Lex Spoon, whose {} code I blatantly stole.  And of course, where
would any of this be without Don and John?

	-Bob