[ENH][Modules] Should we port Ginsu to 3.1 so that people look at it?

Dan Ingalls Dan at SqueakLand.org
Mon Sep 17 19:02:34 UTC 2001

Paul -

>I've been hanging out of the discussion mostly because
>I simply can't promise the time to do anything
>meaningful.  Every day is structured down to the level
>of an hour or less ... I'm hoping that this changes.

We're with you.

>That said, I did finally get all the starting-point
>software downloaded:  SWT image, Sq3.1, and Joseph/my
>latest.  At some point, I will port and report; I
>would not, however, advise breath-holding in
>anticipation.

You should get in touch with Stephane.  He expressed an interest in porting the kernel.

>(ps - curious to see what Henrik's been up to; where
>might I download it?)

It'a all in attachments to his message of 9/12.  Read the message and its antecedent for context, and the preamble to the first changeSet for instructions.

It establishes a module structure for the whole image, which then gets installed as a virtual SystemOrganization.  I have a couple of bug fixes, from working with it, but they're not needed for simple investigation, and trying out the queries in the module explorer.  Henrik is out of town but back tomorrow.

	- Dan