[rant] Re: [OT] Will the SSSCA outlaw Squeak?

Duane Maxwell dmaxwell at san.rr.com
Mon Sep 17 22:12:47 UTC 2001

With all due respect to the emotions that all of us feel, and acknowledging
that the post was clearly labeled Off Topic, there are many, many places on
the Internet currently discussing the tragedy in NY and DC, its alleged
causes and proposed solutions.  IMHO, this is not one of those places.

I agree with Andreas' initial post on the topic - we should move forward to
improve the human condition in our own small way by working together to
better the tools of knowledge and education.

On the other hand, I think the discussion of the SSSCA and its cousins is
directly relevant to Squeak as their passage could render Squeak, and much
or what we do, illegal.

-- Duane