[rant] Re: [OT] Will the SSSCA outlaw Squeak?

Cees de Groot cg at cdegroot.com
Tue Sep 18 06:58:09 UTC 2001

[last post, it's indeed extremely OT]

Stephen Pair <spair at advantive.com> said:
>I can't believe what I just read...this is truly despicable.  Cees, it
>saddens me that you feel this way.

Just to make it extremely clear: I don't have a grain of sympathy for
the people who have committed this crime, and justice must be done
(justice = police, prosecutor, judge. Justice ~= bombing Afghanistan or
any other country).

I just wanted to express that the substrate on which these extremists
fed is the real cause of this act, and this is the time to stand still
at that and to work on taking away the *causes* of terrorists becoming
terrorists (to a large part our own behavior in their countries) and
not at just revenging violence against innocent citizens with violence
against other innocent citizens.

If my wording caused you to think I sympathize with the terrorists,
my apologies for my bad writing. If people were offended by my OT post,
again my apologies for taking the liberty to express my irrelevant
opinion here. I slept very bad last week so I probably just jumped at the
first opportunity to get this off my chest.

--
Cees de Groot               http://www.cdegroot.com     <cg at cdegroot.com>
http://www.anti-dmca.org/