[ENH][Modules] Another version

Marcio Marchini mqm at magma.ca
Wed Sep 19 11:48:50 UTC 2001

> Well, the classpath in Java has a few problems. The constant
> adding/removing stuff to the
> classpath variable is a bit annoying. Sometimes I simplify it by
> just having one directory in the
> classpath where I simply unpack all the jarfiles into one big tree.

	You don't need to do that. You can put JARs in .../lib/ext in your JRE/Java
install and these JAR files will be recognized by the JVM. Same sort of idea
for JNI DLLs.

	This is useful, for example, when you ship a product written in Java, and
you prefer to bundle a specific version of the JVM. You can put your JARs
under this lib/ext and never have to worry about changing the system's
CLASSPATH or having to have extremely long lines to launch the code etc.

marcio