Free computers as an education generator (was: viral SSSCA thread)

danielv at netvision.net.il danielv at netvision.net.il
Wed Sep 19 23:22:13 UTC 2001

Not so recently, I read an article (sorry, don't remember any specifics)
about a guy that embedded a computer in an alley in some poor, non
english speaking slum. And a camera.

Within days, kids that had never seen a computer, never heard english,
were using it. They didn't understand what the words said, but they
learned to make the machine do things, by trial and error.

There's lots of potential out there...