[ENH][Modules] Another version

Marcio Marchini mqm at magma.ca
Wed Sep 19 23:21:03 UTC 2001

> > 	You don't need to do that. You can put JARs in .../lib/ext
> in your JRE/Java
> > install and these JAR files will be recognized by the JVM. Same
> sort of idea
> > for JNI DLLs.
>
> True, forgot about that one. But still, that is yet another way
> to make it even more confused...
> :-)
> Don't you think that it's all a bit... messy? I mean, we should
> be able to do better in Squeak.
> Hmmm.

	It's no different from copying all DLLs into c:\winnt (like most
InstallShield scripts do), or having to maintain the PATH variable (LDPATH
in UNIX ?). So, it's a mess for non-Java as well (shared libraries, for
example).

	Maybe assemblies in .NET are supposed to be better, but I haven't spent
much time on that.

marcio