netchap.cs from nuBlue Squeak book - where can I find it ?

Bijan Parsia bparsia at email.unc.edu
Fri Sep 21 14:01:43 UTC 2001

--On Friday, September 21, 2001 1:41 AM -0400 Andy Stoffel <acs at campus.com>
wrote:

> The "Networking Squeak" chapter in the blue-Squeak book
> mentions a netchap.cs but it doesn't appear to be
> on the included CD (Unless I missed it)

No. Blame me, I missed the deadline. Or was confused about the deadline. Or
something.

> and it's
> not anywhere I could find at >
http://coweb.cc.gatech.edu/squeakbook/.

Yes, damn.

> I was wondering if it could be found anywhere ?

On a hard disk on an unpacked computer in my new digs... :)

> It's not
> really clear (to me anyway) what is in it so I don't
> even know if it's useful/necessary/unnecessary....

All it contains, as I recall, is a few things to make the "demo" part move
smoothly (i.e., to open an HtmlDocument as a rendered document), plus, a
slightly simpler installer for the PWS disk files (and a few minor extras).

So, if you get/install the PWS files then there's only a few methods that
are pretty easy to recreate...oh! And lex's stuff (the demos at the end.
Most of the code, IIRC, is in the chapter anyway.

Soon as I can get it together, I'll dig out and post it.

Thanks for nagging.

Cheers,
Bijan Parsia.