[ENH] VMMaker v2 first release now available

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Sun Sep 23 07:13:42 UTC 2001

>After far too long, we (John McIntosh and I) finally have a version of
>the VMMaker that should be usable by anyone.

I should point out that although I've built ALL the plugins as
externals on the macintosh four things are missing

1> An SUnit to test ALL the primitives. Yes this would be a good thing

2> The Code Warrior projects to build each and every plugin isn't in
the source tree yet. It exists on my laptop tho.

3> I need someone that has a mac and a serial port and a midi device
to test the refactored serial midi plugin logic to ensure it still
works. Before Midi was intertwined with serial, but in this source
code 3.0.19 the logic has been sliced and diced but not tested.

4> A filecopy plugin exists, but not yet shipped, tomorrow. This
copys mac files without mangling the files. Yes it does resource
forks, dates, comments etc by using code Apple supplies.

Note I've not built and shipped a 3.0.19 mac VM yet. But if you have
bugs let me know and I'll look before I sent it out the door. Likely
this week I'd guess.