CRLF problem with Squeak3.1a-4332.zip on FTP server?

Bernhard Pieber bernhard at pieber.com
Wed Sep 26 20:17:58 UTC 2001

Hi all,

I just downloaded Squeak3.1a-4332.zip from
ftp://st.cs.uiuc.edu/Smalltalk/Squeak/3.0/unstable-testPilot/. I extracted
it using WinZip and started it. When I open a browser on class ArchiveViewer
and select the method #extractAll I get a warning that there is a problem
with my sources or changes file. Seems like the old CRLF problem. I checked
my WinZip settings. I have disabled all automatic conversions. I tried
extracting using the ArchiveViewer in an old 3.1a image. The problem is the
same. I also downloaded and tried Squeak3.1a-4325.zip.

It seems to me that the files on the FTP server are corrupted. Can anyone
confirm that I am not the only one having this problem? (It would not be the
first time. ;-)

- Bernhard