CRLF problem with Squeak3.1a-4332.zip on FTP server?

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Wed Sep 26 22:31:49 UTC 2001

On Wednesday 26 September 2001 01:17 pm, Bernhard Pieber wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I just downloaded Squeak3.1a-4332.zip from
> ftp://st.cs.uiuc.edu/Smalltalk/Squeak/3.0/unstable-testPilot/. I extracted
> it using WinZip and started it. When I open a browser on class
> ArchiveViewer and select the method #extractAll I get a warning that there
> is a problem with my sources or changes file. Seems like the old CRLF
> problem. I checked my WinZip settings. I have disabled all automatic
> conversions. I tried extracting using the ArchiveViewer in an old 3.1a
> image. The problem is the same. I also downloaded and tried
> Squeak3.1a-4325.zip.
>
> It seems to me that the files on the FTP server are corrupted. Can anyone
> confirm that I am not the only one having this problem? (It would not be
> the first time. ;-)

No, I see the same thing (on that method alone) on the file you mentioned, as
well as my own (updated) 4347 image.  But not in my 4332 image, for some
reason.

Note that this method is the entire contents of change set
4261zipCloseStream-raa, which implies to me that that change set got damaged
somehow.

I've attached a good copy of the change set; try loading it in on top of the
bad changeset.

--
Ned Konz
currently: Stanwood, WA
email:     ned at bike-nomad.com
homepage:  http://bike-nomad.com

--------------Boundary-00=_1XJACH9IDGHDV3BY4ETH

'From Squeak3.1alpha of 7 March 2001 [latest update: #4332] on 26 September 2001 at 3:30:48 pm'!
"Change Set:		zipCloseStream
Date:			18 August 2001
Author:			Bob Arning

Added #close of output stream when extracting all members in a zip archive"!

!ArchiveViewer methodsFor: 'archive operations' stamp: 'RAA 8/18/2001 12:58'!
extractAll
	| directory stream |

	self canExtractAll ifFalse: [^ self].
	[
		directory _ FileList2 modalFolderSelector ifNil: [^ self].
		(self extractAllPossibleInDirectory: directory) ifTrue: [
			self members do: [:ea |
				ea isDirectory ifTrue: [
					[directory createDirectory: ea fileName allButLast]
						on: Error
						do: [:ex |
							(PopUpMenu confirm: ea fileName , ' cannot be created. Continue?')
								ifFalse: [^ self]
						]
				] ifFalse: [
					(stream _ directory forceNewFileNamed: ea fileName) ifNil: [
						(PopUpMenu confirm: ea fileName , ' cannot be created. Continue?')
							ifFalse: [^ self]
					] ifNotNil: [
						ea extractTo: stream. stream close
					]