Zurgle Project Update

Stephan B. Wessels stephan.wessels at sdrc.com
Wed Sep 26 12:22:16 UTC 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "Andreas Raab" <Andreas.Raab at gmx.de>
To: <squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org>
Sent: Tuesday, September 25, 2001 8:37 PM
Subject: RE: Zurgle Project Update

> * Get rid of that menu bar!!! (or at least make it a pop-out thingy) It was
> truly amazing to me how the mere presence of the menu bar almost immediately
> took me out of the constructive feel of plain sheet of paper and back into
> the conservative WIMP style (perhaps that's intended?! ;-)

Hmm.  I'd rather see an option to enable the menu bar approach and then an additional option
that, if the menu bar is enabled, it can work in an auto-hide mode.  That would be a flap
without a label.  Could probably do that now with some transparent label design.

Speaking of auto-hide, is there a good way to configure the NavigationMenu so that it can hide
completely?  I find myself wanting to take screen shots and often just end up destroying the
Morph to get rid of that "orange lip".  Perhaps there could be a general parameter which
controls the height of any auto-hiding panes?

Jim's stuff looks like fun.

 - Steve