[ENH] A new way to manage collapsed windows

Stephan B. Wessels stephan.wessels at sdrc.com
Wed Sep 26 12:28:58 UTC 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "Russell Allen" <russell.allen at firebirdmedia.com>
To: <squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org>
Sent: Tuesday, September 25, 2001 10:29 PM
Subject: Re: [ENH] A new way to manage collapsed windows

> The screenshot looks kinda groovy; it reminds me of BeOS.  I notice that
> it was taken on OS X - did you consider creating a dock equivalent?  It
> works for both windows and morphs (just drag them to minimise) and
> should be able to leverage existing flaps stuff...

Each time I show someone OS X for the first time, they comment how cool the Magnification
feature (an option) for the Dock looks.  The auto expansion to fit items is pretty cool too.
Apple has posted a QuickTime clip that shows the Dock in action if you have never seen it:
http://www.apple.com/macosx/theater/dock.html

That would be cool to try.  One of the things I love about how powerful and simple Squeak is -
you can try experiments like this and have fun doing it.

 - Steve