Computerchannel.de: Squeak 3.0 tested

Fleeberz at aol.com Fleeberz at aol.com
Thu Sep 27 01:27:12 UTC 2001

In a message dated 2001-09-26 7:15:47 PM, gafisher at sprynet.com writes:

>The implication that there was something bad in the interface
>because it was intuitive after second or third attempt strikes
>me as the comment of someone who doesn't want to take chances,
>but taking chances is the foundation of most learning.

As is often said, the only intuitive interface is the nipple; everything else
is learned.

I haven't gotten the hang of Smalltalk AT ALL yet, but that's not going to
keep me from reading this list, getting all the goodies and updates and
following links to more information.
Someday, I'm sure I'll get the hang of it, and be grateful for "hanging in
there." - Regardless, I know I'm not really such an idiot either, even though
I strongly feel that Squeak is very powerful, easy to use (for the rest of
you, obviously) and innovative.
Oh, and complaining that the English-only interface is a hindrance, well,
Computerchannel.de is German-only, but I was still able to figure out what
they were talking about.
Nice site ("optically" anyway ;)
--Flee